Welcome to the East Sussex County Scouts Website.
On this website you will find;
- Information on how to join Scouting in East Sussex
- Details on how you can volunteer as an adult helper
- Information for parents and others about Scouting (what we do and why !)
If you are an existing leader, supporter or other member please use the link on the left hand menu to register for the leaders area where you will find;
- Online bookings for adult training
- Useful Templates and guidance
The Purpose of Scouting
Scouting exists to actively engage and support young people in their personal development, empowering them to make a positive contribution to society.
The Values of Scouting
As Scouts we are guided by these values:
Integrity - We act with integrity; we are honest, trustworthy and loyal.
Respect - We have self-respect and respect for others.
Care - We support others and take care of the world in which we live.
Belief - We explore our faiths, beliefs and attitudes.
Co-operation - We make a positive difference; we co-operate with others and make friends.
The Scout Method
Scouting takes place when young people, in partnership with adults, work together based on the values of Scouting and:
- enjoy what they are doing and have fun
- take part in activities indoors and outdoors
- learn by doing
- share in spiritual reflection
- take responsibility and make choices
- undertake new and challenging activities
- make and live by their Promise.
Who can be a Scout?
Scouting is open to all young people, boys & girls, aged 6 to 25.
There are also plenty of opportunities for adults to become involved as Leaders, Assistants or Administrators.
Scouting is thriving in East Sussex, take a look at our website and then Join the Adventure !